An American in Scotland

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Experiencing Technical Difficulties...

To those of you who have stopped by recently to find that I haven’t put up any new posts, you deserve an explanation for your efforts.

The morning after our move on July 14th, we discovered that the previous owner’s tenant decided not to shut off his internet or phone service, which means we have to wait until August 2nd to get a new phone line installed. Apparently, Bulldog, his phone/internet provider, wanted to charge him £30 to cancel, which pissed him off, so he decided to just leave it on instead. I’m not sure what kind of brain surgeon this guy is to think the avoidance of a lousy £30 fee outweighs all the other charges he’s going to incur in the long term, not to mention screwing up his credit rating if he doesn’t pay, but until our line goes in, we’re repaying him for all the trouble he’s causing us by calling all our friends all over the world. Unfortunately, we can’t hook up to his internet service as well, so after a week of trial and error, I found a wireless signal that I can highjack. It only works intermittently, however, which is annoying as hell. So please bear with me and in the meantime, I’ll post what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home